July 18, 2008

my secret weapon

This is my go-to meal: cooked pepperonis. 




















So, it's not organic and all natural but after a hard day of ruining lives as an attorney I don't want to COOK a damn thing because all I want to do is evaporate.  But since I have to eat I throw pepperonis on a paper towel and microwave them until they are crispy like chips.  I weigh out 2 oz of them (which ends up being a ton of food) and sprinkle some red sauce and 1 oz of cheese (then reheat). 

I also add a salad or cooked veggies to my meal and call it a day.

7 comments:

mamacita said...

OMG, I think I hear Martha calling!

Decorno said...

That sounds like it would be really tasty with some baked, crispy cauliflower. Yum.

Jules said...

So how many calories are you shooting for per day? Sorry if this question has been answered already. Are you keeping track of the calories on something like DietPower or eDiets?

JJ said...

I don't keep track of calories. I weigh my food and stick to that. 4 oz of meat or 2 oz of cheese. 12 oz veggies. When I plug the numbers/foods into calorie counters I am always around 1200 (unless there's bacon involved.)

Mint Julep said...

JJ: Were you having a cocktail when you did this post? Just wondering. Because I'm having a cocktail (or 2) while I'm rereading this post (yes, this is the second time) and I'm cracking up. For many reasons. One being your comment "unless there's bacon involved." Ha! OK, I need to go to bed.

Bunny said...

That souns good.

Bunny said...

Gosh, I'll try again. That sounds good.