July 29, 2008

Day 16: This shit continues to be easy.

Day 13 and 14 I had a bit of a slip. I got inexplicably sick and kind of projectile vomited. I ended up having a bunch of chips at a Mexican place. I needed to settle the stomach, people. And following day, I had some popcorn. BUT, still no sugar (as far as I know... who knows what was lurking in the chips).

Anyhoo, it's easy. It's inertia, you know. Bodies in motion tend to stay in motion, and this is what habits are like. This is simply my new habit of not eating crap.

I have lost only six pounds, though. I might need to add some exercise, or better yet, cut my portions down a bit. And maybe, give up the beloved wine and vodka.

6 comments:

Mint Julep said...

That's my problem--I can't give up the booze. What helps me eat less is the fact that the less I eat the quicker my buzz.
Is that sad?
I don't care.

Elizabeth said...

6 pounds in 16 days!!!! You're doing it kid...very exciting, isn't it?

Lee said...

What? Give up booze? Blasphemy. And popcorn is good for you. Not microwave popcorn, but pot, olive oil, sea salt, kernels kind of popcorn. Goes great with the wine.

JJ said...

I think there's something to the popcorn and booze diet. When I was my almost thinnest I ate for dinner every night: a huge huge bowl of air-popped popcorn with 2 tablespoons melted butter and salt. I calculated it to be about 500 calories and it felt like I was eating sooooo much.

Of course, on nights I intended to overdose on vodka/soda/lime I ate nothing. I wanted to feel thin and empty before I drank away all my feeling...

JJ said...

So you slipped. No biggie. You're obviously back which means you've figured this shit out. Congratulations my friend, you're on your way to Angelina-orno.

decorno said...

Where are you? You must call me. We can't keep meeting on blogs like this, JJ.